Geologist Scott Wolter has authored eight books and has been president of American Petrographic Services since 1990 and is responsible for the independent petrographic analysis testing laboratory where the Kensington Rune Stone was brought for investigation in 2000. He's been the principal petrographer in more than 5,000 investigations throughout the U.S. and around the world, including the evaluation of fire damaged concrete at the Pentagon following the attacks of September 11, 2001. Wolter and his wife, Janet, have two children, Grant and Amanda, and live in Chanhassen, Minnesota.
In 2005, he co-authored "The Kensington Rune Stone: Compelling New Evidence".
Books written by Wolter include:
- The Hooked X: Key to the Secret History of North America (2009)
- The Lake Superior Agate: Fourth Edition (2008)
- The Kensington Rune Stone: Compelling New Evidence (2005)
- The Lake Superior Agate: One Man�s Journey (2001)
- The Lake Superior Agate: Third Edition (1997)
- Ettringite: Cancer of Concrete (1997)
- The Lake Superior Agate: Second Edition (1994)
- The Lake Superior Agate (1986)